The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world famous event which broadcasts to around 100 million people all over the World. The first Tattoo took place in 1950 and it has become one of the main reasons tourists flock to the Edinburgh in August.
Clyde Coast Tourism are now offering Tattoo tours bringing our guests to the event and bringing them back to the event at least 1 hour before your ship leaves. Although we do not book your tattoo tickets, we can assist in booking them for you. If you would like us to purchase your tickets, please let us know and we will be delighted to assist. Alternatively, you can book your tickets here: http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/tickets
Our tour departs from either Newhaven or South Queensferry Port (Edinburgh) and we will make our way to Stirling Castle and the gorgeous town of Doune where you will enjoy either a distillery tour or a visit to Doune Castle which was made famous in Outlander, Game of Thrones and Monty Python. We will then make our way to Edinburgh in plenty of time for the show arriving in time for 7.20pm.
Please Note: For any of our guests who have mobility problems, please let us know since access is restricted to all vehicles on the Royal Mile. We will be able to organise transport to the event in a special convoy. (Not available on Saturday showings)
Highlights of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo Shore Excursion from Greenock:
- Highland Cows
- Deanston Distillery
- Stirling Castle
Edinburgh Military Tattoo Shore Excursion Itinerary
- 12pm Pick up from the port. Both Newhaven and South Queensferry are tender ports. We have arranged the start time to take this into consideration.
- 1.15pm Arrive at Deanston Distillery for lunch
- 2pm - either have a distillery tour here for 1 hour or visit Doune Castle
- 3pm - Make way for Stirling Castle
- 3.20pm - Arrive at Stirling Castle and stay here until 5.20pm (2 hours at the castle)
- 6.20pm - 7pm - Arrive in Edinburgh on the Royal Mile where you will have some free time before the event to grab a bite to eat and do a wee bit of shopping.
- 5pm - Make way for the Tattoo. We will arrive in Edinburgh early which will give you some free time to explore the shops, grab a bite to eat or enjoy a good Scottish dram in an Edinburgh City tavern. This is non guided however, your guide will be on hand at all times should you require some assistance
- 9pm -Tattoo Starts. The show lasts for approximately 100 minutes, We will be waiting on hand at the end of the show where we will meet you and bring you back to the bus. We ask that everyone makes their way promptly to the meeting point to get back to the port in plenty of time.
- 11pm - Meet after the tour, it does have a tendency to run on every so often but you can leave early which I would suggest if this were to be the case.
- 11.40pm - Arrive back at the port in plenty of time
Cost: £80 per person.
Includes: bottled water, snacks and a complimentary dram of Scotch whisky.
Not Included: Entrance fees, Tattoo tickets and meals.
Tip: If you are planning to visit a number of heritage properties you may be able to purchase a Historic Scotland Heritage Pass which will save you money across your entrance in Scotland.
We also conduct tours at Invergordon and Greenock Ports. For more information, please contact us.