Edinburgh Military Tattoo Tour
The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world famous event which broadcasts to around 100 million people all over the World. The first Tattoo took place in 1950 and it has become one of the main reasons tourists flock to the Edinburgh in August.
Clyde Coast Tourism are now offering Tattoo tours bringing our guests to the event and bringing them back to the event at least 1 hour before your ship leaves. Although we do not book your tattoo tickets, we can assist in booking them for you. If you would like us to purchase your tickets, please let us know and we will be delighted to assist. Alternatively, you can book your tickets here: http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/tickets
Our tour departs from Greenock and we will make our way to Edinburgh passing through the gorgeous Loch Lomond and Trossachs Park and Stirling Castle. We will then make our way to Edinburgh in plenty of time for the show arriving in time for 7.20pm.
Please Note: For any of our guests who have mobility problems, please let us know since access is restricted to all vehicles on the Royal Mile. We will be able to organise transport to the event in a special convoy. (Not available on Saturday showings)
Highlights of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo Shore Excursion from Greenock:
- Loch Lomond
- Loch Lubnaig
- Stirling Castle
Edinburgh Military Tattoo Shore Excursion Itinerary
- 10am - Meet at Greenock Port and make way for Loch Lomond.
- 11am - Arrive at Luss and marvel at the beautiful islands that sit in the Loch.
- 11.30pm - Make way for the Drovers Inn at Inverarnan where we will enjoy lunch. We will have another brief stop on the Loch enroute at a viewpoint called Inveruglas.
- 12pm - Arrive at the Drovers Inn. “Pub of the Year 1705”
- 1pm - Make way for Stirling Castle. On this route we will make 2 short rest stops at Kilmahog to see 2 resident Highland Coos - Hamish Dubh and Honey; as well as visiting Loch Lubnaig.
- 3pm - Arrive at Stirling Castle and enjoy a visit for 2 hours.
- 5pm - Make way for the Tattoo. We will arrive in Edinburgh early which will give you some free time to explore the shops, grab a bite to eat or enjoy a good Scottish dram in an Edinburgh City tavern. This is non guided however, your guide will be on hand at all times should you require some assistance
- 9pm -Tattoo Starts. The show lasts for approximately 100 minutes, We will be waiting on hand at the end of the show where we will meet you and bring you back to the bus. We ask that everyone makes their way promptly to the meeting point to get back to Greenock in plenty of time.
- 11pm - Make way back for Greenock
- 12.40am - Arrive back at your ship in plenty of time.
Cost: £80 per person.
Includes: bottled water, snacks and a complimentary dram of Scotch whisky.
Not Included: Entrance fees, Tattoo tickets and meals.
Tip: If you are planning to visit a number of heritage properties you may be able to purchase a Historic Scotland Heritage Pass which will save you money across your entrance in Scotland.
We also conduct tours at Invergordon and Edinburgh Ports. For more information, please contact us.