Duration: 6 hours
Price: £55 per adult; £50 per concession (over 60); £20 per child.
Why Choose this Tour:
Join us on this 6 hour tour where you will enjoy much of the picturesque Midlothian region near Edinburgh.
- Discover Rosslyn Chapel believed to be the location where the Holy Grail is buried which inspired the book and subsequent movie The Davinci Code.
- Enjoy the ruins of Rosslyn Castle, once inhabited by the Sinclair family. It is a red stone ruin that has spectacular views of the surrounding area.
- Wet your appetite at a Scottish Medieval Castle, once home to the Ramsay Clan. The grounds are absolutely beautiful.
- Enjoy a real taste of Scotland on a tour of Glenkinchie Whisky Distillery, fondly dubbed the Edinburgh Malt.
- 10.30am - Pick Up in Edinburgh Port.
- 11.00am - Arrive at Rosslyn Chapel and Castle (stay here for 1 hour)
- 12.15pm - Arrive at Dalhousie Castle, a Clan Ramsay Castle where you will have lunch. The grounds are spectacular and there should be an opportunity to take a stroll. Please note the castle may be booked for weddings, in which case an alternative and just as interesting place will be available for lunch.
- 2 pm - Arrive at the Glenkinchie Whisky Distillery (stay here for 1.15 hour). Included in the tour is exhibition/model distillery, tour of distillery & complimentary tasting of Glenkinchie single malt. Please note Children under 8 are not permitted to take part in the production tour.
- 4.30 pm - Arrive back at the ship.
Terms and Conditions:
The 16 seater coach travel is provided by 3rd Party suppliers, Clyde Coast Tourism is responsible for small groups up to 4. Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd cannot take any responsibility for the coach travel provided by 3rd party suppliers their terms and conditions apply.
We cannot accept responsibility for conditions which are outside our control, e.g. the weather, the closure of visitor attractions etc. We reserve the right to alter or cancel our tour itineraries where necessary due to weather conditions, road closures, etc.